Party Host Position Summary:
‘We Make Fun Happen’ is not just our motto, it is your job. As a Party Host at Big Thrill Factory your role is to help put the fun in our Birthday Parties and Special Events. The job of a Party Host is to enthusiastically lead groups through their scheduled party/event experience. Your creativity and other performance arts skills are encouraged since you are responsible for creating memorable events for our party guests and other special events.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create fun and ‘thrilling’ parties for our ‘thrill seekers’ at Big Thrill Factory.
- Handle requests & reservations for parties and events at the counter and over the telephone.
- Represent and Deliver the brand and brand promise for giving great parties to our guests and business clients.
- Work within Big Thrill Factory systems and procedures for ensuring ‘we make fun happen’ and ‘deliver the thrill’ to parties and events.
- Follow best practices when dealing with children and parents.
- Always work with safety and cleanliness as a top-of-mind issue.
- Host Big Thrill Factory tours, birthday parties, and other events.
- Follow all procedures regarding safety, cleanliness special issues and emergencies that may occur while hosting parties at Big Thrill Factory.
- Participate and host in Big Thrill Factory special events, holiday activities, other activities when requested.
- Maintains open communications with management and all departments of scheduled events.
- Communicates with the supervisor regarding status of party inventory and supplies.
- Maintains uniform standards.
- Operates Point of Sale (POS) system including deposits and party transactions.
- ‘We Make Hun Happen’ by having fun – Come to work with a good attitude, ready to have fun and make fun happen. Work with your supervisors and managers to develop new ways to ‘make fun happen’ at parties and events. Always handle any problems or difficult situations with a positive attitude.
- Work with Integrity – Always work with our core values in mind. Listen carefully to your guests, your managers and fellow team members. Always make safety and cleanliness your number one priority. Stay calm under pressure. Do everything possible to make sure every party is a fun and memorable event.
- Party Hosting is a Team Sport – Be a ‘Green Light Team’ member. Be dependable and reliable for your party guests and your fellow team members. Create ‘Green Lights’ for everyone by stopping at ‘Red Lights’. Always work with a positive attitude. Show appreciation to other departments that help you every day.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the satisfaction of Big Thrill Factory standards.
- The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be currently enrolled in High School; or
- Certificate or Completion of the High School equivalency test.
- At least 16 years of age or older or permit to work.
- No prior work experience required, but preferred.
THEATRICAL / PERFORMANCE SKILLS
- Ability and willingness to sing preferred (although it doesn’t have to be good)
- Ability to dance, juggle, or other type of performance art or skill preferred
- General knowledge of computers including word processing, graphics, scheduling, and spreadsheet applications.
- Able to maintain daily time record on Big Thrill Factory POS.
- Ability to read, speak and understand English.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, guests, team members, and managers of Big Thrill Factory.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, sales tax, percentages, and cash register balancing.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. These situations may involve team members and guests.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or scheduled form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Safe serve certification preferred but not required
- While performing the duties of this job, a Big Thrill Factory Party Host is regularly required to interact with the general public, team members, and children of various ages.
- Big Thrill Factory Party Hosts will be standing, walking, using hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- A Big Thrill Factory Party Host is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- A Party Host is required to lift up to 10 pounds and on occasion up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job the Party Host is regularly exposed to water, chemicals, food, paper debris, loud noise, music, horns, bells, whistles, and other noise projected by various amusements and recreation equipment operating at Big Thrill Factory.
- At times a Big Thrill Factory Party Host may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
- It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.